marcorp's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Museum of Contemporary Art - MAC, Barranco, Lima

Hello, my friends!

I would like to share another tip if you travel to Lima. This is the Museum of Contemporary Art - MAC-. I found it pretty interesting and educational, with several guides all over the place to help us understand this kind of art through thoughtful information. It is also accessible, providing assistance if needed (wheelchairs, etc). #accessible #accesible #accessibility @Jesi 

The Museum of Contemporary Art of Lima is currently the only museum in the city of Lima specializing in the dissemination of modern art and contemporary art. Founded at the beginning of 2013, the museum is located in Barranco. It has a modernist building designed by the Peruvian architect Frederic Cooper Llosa, with three main galleries or modules that correspond to the three rooms where the collection and temporary exhibitions are arranged. An extensive green area of free access for the public complements the museum spaces. There is a cafeteria with outdoor tables and some playing games for parents and children.

Here I attach the review I made for Google MapsMuseum of Contemporary Art MAC review by Marco Rios Pita 

I hope you like it!  

Best wishes, Marco ..... from PERU

Caption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorpCaption: Museum of Contemporary Art MAC, Barranco, Lima. Photo: marcorp

Museo de Arte Contemporáneo, Avenida Almirante Miguel Grau, Barranco, Perú
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Museum of Contemporary Art - MAC, Barranco, Lima

Hello @marcorp,

Thank you for sharing this great location and amazing photos with us!

I love spending some time in museums, not only when the weather outside is bad. The fact that they offer wheelchairs is very important, and reminded me about the Louvre in Paris, as they have the same service. 

What did you enjoy the most in the museum? Is the entrance fee affordable? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

@BorrisS it´s super affordable... but there is discrimination in prices if you are peruvian citizen or not... peruvians pay 10 dollars to visit three top museums in Barranco (Pedro de Osma, MAC and Mario Testino). Foreign tourists pay around 25 dollars to visit those three places. I think the relation cost-value is quite good.

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for the explanation @marcorp.

I am aware that some countries have different prices for foreigners. I've experienced it when I visited Turkey. There, even the food menu in most of the restaurants has different prices. Personally, I understand it, but don't like it. 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

@BorrisS i don´t  like it either but well... we gotta get along with it... 🙂